- In a glass, mix 15cl of lukewarm water and baker’s yeast (12g of fresh yeast or 6g of dry yeast).
- In a salad bowl, add the salt, the flour, the olive oil as well as the blend with water and yeast. Mix everything until you get a dough.
- Flour the worktop, place the dough and knead for a few minutes to form a smooth ball.
- Let the dough rest / rise for at least 30 minutes away from light and air, covering the salad bowl with plastic wrap.
- Once the dough has risen, degas it. Divide the dough in half and make two balls. Spread the two balls separately and create two « patties » from about 1 cm thick.
- Heat the two patties in a frying pan without fat. 7/8 minutes on each side.
- Let the breads cool down
Falafels (while the bread dough rests)
- In a blender, mix together cooked chickpeas, flour, garlic, olive oil, sesame seeds, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix everything for a few seconds until obtaining a texture with lumps.
- Prepare 6 balls of same sizes. Flatten them slightly for a better cooking.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and place the 6 falafels. Brown for 7-10 minutes on each side.
White sauce and side dishes
In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, parsley, salt and pepper
You can garnish the pita bread with raw vegetables, meat, vegetables.
Eg: prepare a guacamole by mashing avocados with a fork and mix it with lemon juice
- Cut both breads in half
- Spread your preparation with avocado, add your falafels, your white sauce, and the side dishes of your choice (carrots, spinach, chicken, onions …)
Enjoy your meal !